Tuesday 6 July 2010

Cheat!

What a match the world cup, Ghana vs Uruguay, great game, last minutes of match, Ghana going for it, and then Suarez (think thats his name, but I'm a girl so don't do football!!) cheated, stopped the goal with 2 hands, got sent off (and if he says that it was instinctive, I say piffle who is in control of their own body!!), penalty missed, then Ghana lost on penalties. So unjust!! thankfully not a life and death situation. God loves us and gives us choice, that means choice to make decisions that are good and bad. There are times when things happen which are unjust as the result of other peoples choices. So as just a little thought on this here's a poem I wrote a few months back:



New year



The end and the beginning,
at the same moment of time,
as on that cross you hung,
in pain and anguish
the end seemed more apparent
and victory seemed long gone
but when the curtain tore the whisperings of a beginning were shown to all
and the whispers turned to shouting as you overcame the grave
and rose to life again
death defeated victory won
self giving love the winner
so as I see my life and injustices dealt out
I know that miracles you can work to bring about
Good from bad, victory from seemed defeat
For your love is stronger than things meant to destroy,
and as I see my year, the bad, the ends, the times of trial
become beginnings, living springs, wells of water flowing out

No comments:

Post a Comment