Saturday 10 July 2010

trust

Trust. How much do you trust me? Guessing quite a few of you would say not a lot, as you have no clue who I am :). Kind of like that with me and God until the last year, didn't really know who he was, so couldn't let go of control I held and allow him to help, because didn't trust he was Good, or Just or that he cared about me because people who were in positions where I should have been able to trust them did things which broke that and I saw God in that same light. I would say God was good, that he loved me, but it could never get into my heart cos there were barriers in the way. It meant I isolated myself, didn't have the blessing of other people in my life and made things a whole lot harder with the kids, because I had to stay in total control and struggled to allow even my hubby to look after them for any length of time.

Control
Control it is so strange,
For as I hold things tight
Life seems so impossible,
And always such a fight
But as my hand unfurls
And stops holding onto life
Things seem much more in control
And peace replaces strife


To trust someone means that you are giving some control over to them, working with them, allowing them to be who they are, and be part of your life, and not controlling what they do like a remote control car, but in the same way involves risk, they might make a big big mess of it. David could have decided to take my rights away when I hacked into the blog, given me a ticking off and banned me from entering the site again to stay in total control of his blog, but then he would have in my opinion have missed out!!
Same with God he places trust in each of us to represent him as part of his team, to be his light in this world.

Holding tight, knuckles white,
Can’t let go, or lose control,
Racing head, shaking legs,
Fuse lit, harder to hold the powder in the keg
Want to explode, but can’t let things go,
For I lost power before, and I can’t do that once more
For when I give control away I take a risk of trust again
But I have seen a love so strong,
A love thats true and don’t do wrong
And this is helping me to trust,
And live outside my little box

2 comments:

  1. I've really enjoyed your posts this week, Catherine. I think David should be worried; he has some competition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe :) thanks Gail :) will hand over the money later ;) , been good fun writing them :) The reason I am writing them is to do with worms and a conversation on facebook last friday, was defending the miserable worm, and saying what a great job the worm does in turning rubbish into something good, and facebook was playing up. I answered a question but there was a delay of a couple of minutes and I ended up replying to another question to do with writing blogs :)

    ReplyDelete