Wednesday 7 July 2010

dancing

Was thinking about dancing, bit of ballroom going on in my head (thankfully only going on in my head otherwise Gareth my husband may have very sore feet. Amazing how much better the dancing is in my head!!). And thinking how much our relationship with God is like a dance. Him taking the lead, us keeping in step with his plans. Step at a time moving with him, too many steps, and get confused about what the next one is. If I move too far away it all goes pear shaped. Try and take the lead trip over, lose the rhythm, dancing becomes hard work. Keep in step with him things are free, flowing and great :)

Dancing with the father

My dad takes a step, I follow his lead gliding around free on the breeze
As petals of an iris from the centre spray out so the rhythm that takes me around and around,
Is like a drum beating within my heart, to keep my arms and legs, in step in this dance
So twisting and turning this way and that, but held in a pattern uniquely designed
Guided and led by the beat from inside, that is led by the father in his love for the bride

2 comments: